Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Outside updates...check!

 We worked hard around the yard on some much needed improvements. 
We had weeks of mud on our patio and holes in our yard.  It seemed like we
were never going to be able to enjoy it all...

 We decided to add a sidewalk to the side of our house too since we now have a dog we have to walk;)  Seemed like a good enough reason until we started working on it.  Haha!

 Enjoying the smell of lilac now!
 Sneak peak of some of the blooms.

I'm not going to lie, I have never really enjoyed yard work
 but something changed this year and I have enjoyed it so much.
I even have a little rain gauge now...how did this happen?! Lol!


 Every week I notice growth.  It's so exciting to see the flowers blooming and 
what's even more exciting is knowing that next year I won't have to do a thing!
 I love the way John built the retaining wall and left the brick messy.
It adds a lot of character and color. Great Job John!!!
We finally get to enjoy our patio again, now complete with more space and no mud!!
Well, occasionally there is still mud...

I also planted a little container herb garden which has been super fun and nice.
I LOVE SUMMER!





1 comments: